On top of Bay of Quinte Young Entrepreneurs, there are many fantastic organizations with physical locations that do great things for young entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs in general in our area.
My goals for Bay of Quinte Young Entrepreneurs are to: be the organization that brings all of the entrepreneurship-focused organizations in our area together to collaborate for the sake of the community and our youth, guide you to where you need to/want to go next (be it finding a business counsellor, grant dollars, a place to talk to someone when you’re feeling depressed, etc.), provide extra information that you need access to for your business (i.e. organizational tips, how to register your business in different areas, why you need a mentor, etc.), and provide my insights as a young entrepreneur trying to make a go of it myself in this area.
Without further ado, here are the different organizations you can consult in the Bay of Quinte Region (and a little bit beyond for our border neighbours in Brighton, Centre Hastings and Lennox & Addington County) for things such as training, grant dollars, business counselling, office space, etc. Please note, these are listed in no particular order and all descriptions are as each program and organization defines itself.
Just for young entrepreneurs
- Summer Company
- Ages: 15-29 year olds who are returning to school in the Fall.
- Locations: the Small Business Centre (Belleville, Quinte West, Hastings County, Prince Edward County, Lennox & Addington County) and Business & Entrepreneurship Centre Northumberland (Northumberland County)
- Website: https://www.ontario.ca/page/start-summer-company-students
- What they do: Through Summer Company, you can get startup money to kick-off a new summer business and advice & mentorship from local business leaders to help get the business up and running. Learning how to run your own student business is one of the best summer jobs you can have. You get to be your own boss while learning what it takes to manage a business. Sales, marketing, bookkeeping, customer relationship management and networking are just a few of the highly useful skills you’ll develop.
- E3 Program
- Ages: 16-25
- Location: Business & Entrepreneurship
- Website: http://www.becn.ca/e3-program/
- What they do: E3 is a program geared for youth aged 16-25 living in Northumberland County who are interested in entrepreneurship. The program is the first of its kind to be offered in Northumberland County and is developed around providing budding entrepreneurs with the skills and resources necessary to learn over time.
- YES (Youth Entrepreneur Success) Program
- Ages: Undefined
- Location: PEC Youth Centre (run by the Recreation Outreach Centre (ROC))
- Website: http://theroc.ca/
- What they do: The goal of the YES Program is to empower youth to develop job skills, connect with mentors from the local business community and inspire youth entrepreneurship in Prince Edward County. With youth-selected skill-based activities, workshops led by successful entrepreneurs and visits to local businesses where youth can speak with leaders from different sectors, the YES program assists youth in developing self-confidence and entrepreneur skills.
For all entrepreneurs
|Prince Edward County|
|Belleville, Quinte West and Hastings County|
|Centre/North Hastings, Lennox & Addington County, Northumberland County, Tyendinaga & Other|
My vision for Bay of Quinte Young Entrepreneurs is to turn the Bay of Quinte Region into a thriving rural hub for young entrepreneurs. Each of these organizations listed above has something unique and valuable to offer. We all need to work together and bring our strengths to the table for the betterment of the communities we live in and the young people & entrepreneurs we have promised to assist.